first pass Sunday was intercepted and retur

Дошка оголошень міста Бершадь Бершадський район оголошення продажу та купівлі, будь яких товарів

Модератори: bershad, Korespondent

first pass Sunday was intercepted and retur

Повідомлення lw789 » 12 січня 2018 09:43

CALGARY - Bo Levi Mitchell will be looking for his CFL record eighth straight victory to start his career when he leads the Calgary Stampeders against the B.C. Lions. Mitchell is currently tied with former Stampeders quarterback Jeff Garcia as his team looks to go 5-0 for the first time since 1995. You can catch the action live on TSN at 10pm et/7pm pt. The Stampeders take pride in their culture of "plug-in-and-play". When injury forces a player from the lineup, the replacement is expected to excel and help the team win. And with Calgarys star running back Jon Cornish and backup tailback Matt Walter out with concussion symptoms, it appears former CFL rookie of the year Martell Mallett will play in his first football game since 2009. The 28-year-old from Pine Bluff, Ark., rushed for 1,240 yards for the Lions in 2009, including a 136-yard performance in a game against the Stampeders, to earn that rookie award. Mallett then headed to the NFL where he got looks on practice rosters in Philadelphia, Cleveland and New York, but no games. The six-foot, 208-pound running back returned to Canada in 2012 with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. A torn Achilles tendon suffered in training camp wiped out the season and the Tiger-Cats released him prior to training camp the following year. Signed as a free agent in January, Mallett came off Calgarys practise roster this week for some first-team reps. The Stampeders picked up running back Hugh Charles as insurance Monday following his release from the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Mallett has been with the Stampeders since training camp and is more familiar with Calgarys offensive schemes. "I look at it as a blessing," Mallett said Tuesday. "Its been a while since I played football. Ive been here, learning the playbook, learning the system and it just came down to my time to go. Thats why Im here, for depth." Cornish, the CFLs most valuable player last season and rushing leader the past two, went on the six-game injured list last week still suffering the effects of getting knocked out in the season opener. In his absence, regular returner Jock Sanders led Calgary in rushing yards with 86 on 16 carries in last Thursdays 26-22 win over Edmonton. Walters left that game in the first quarter. Mallett has a degree in agriculture business from Arkansas-Pine Bluff. His post-football ambition is to work for U.S. Fish and Wildlife as a special agent chasing down poachers. "I grew up in a country town. I love hunting and I love fishing, but I hate it when people break the rules," he said. Malletts brother Michael was shot and killed in their home town in 2012 while Mallett was recovering from his Achilles surgery. Michael is one reason Mallett isnt done with football and moving onto to his next career. "If my brother was here, he would want me to continue to play football," Mallett said. "With that in consideration and my youth, I just feel like I can do it. I have a lot of miles left on me. I havent played a whole lot." The Stampeders went 14-4 in 2013 with a three-man rotation at starting quarterback and receivers constantly in and out of the lineup. "Thats been in our biggest thing the last couple of years. Guys plug in and play," defensive back Keon Raymond said. "Weve probably been one of the most injury-prone teams over the last couple years Ive been here, but we havent missed a beat. One of Calgarys three starting quarterbacks last season returns to McMahon Stadium on Friday in a Lions uniform. Kevin Glenn went 10-3 for the Stampeders before he was taken in the expansion draft by the Ottawa Redblacks and subsequently traded to the Lions. Charles has taken reps and worked with the return team in two practices since his arrival in Calgary. Hes been cut this season by both the Roughriders and the Edmonton Eskimos, for whom hes played a combined 55 career games. The Eskimos released him from training camp. The 28-year-old from Tulsa, Okla., compiled 86 yards on 13 carries in his one game July 12 for Saskatchewan, but a fumble that led to a Lions field goal likely cost him his job there. "That was the majority of it. I was there to prove a point and I just didnt get it done," Charles said. "They put me in that spot for a reason and I didnt come through and they pulled the plug. "Its nice to be wanted. Its been a roller-coast this year and a trying year for sure. We all go through it as a pro athlete and in this business. Im old enough to not take anything personal and to know the deal and the situation when things go down. "My whole career has been about proving and myself. Its nothing new." Mariano Diaz Jersey .I dont think it comes to mind in this business, in this game, the Philadelphia Flyers forward said. You dont try to lose games. Lucas Vazquez Jersey . -- Victor Bernardez tied the game with his second goal in the 95th minute and the San Jose Earthquakes drew 3-3 with Real Salt Lake on Saturday night. http://www.realmadridfcprohop.us/Raphae ... id-Jersey/. "I wouldnt read anything into what happened Saturday at Torrey Pines," Woods said Tuesday after an 18-hole exhibition for past winners of the Dubai Desert Classic. Casemiro Jersey . Luke Wileman and I stood in the corridor outside of the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room at BC Place in Vancouver. Luka Modric Jersey . They were expecting him there all along. The Pacers announced Friday night that George has been cleared "to return to normal basketball activity," a decision made three days after he was concussed in Game 2 of the Indiana-Miami series.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Sheldon Richardson remains motivated despite the New York Jets 2-11 record.The defensive tackle is never shy to offer his opinions, usually responding to questions with a refreshingly blunt approach.So, when Richardson was asked how he keeps playing at such a high level while his team is struggling, the 2013 Defensive Rookie of the Year delivered, as usual.This is a team-oriented game, but this is a business in the end, he said Monday, and weve still got something to play for.Such as?The almighty dollar, Richardson said. Its what drives this league. It is what it is. I dont want to sound selfish or anything, but in the end, youve got to get yours.It was a comment that might raise some eyebrows, but Richardson is also driven by pride and a desire to win. He has been one of the teams few bright spots in his second season.I know theres a comment where he said its just about the money or something right now, coach Rex Ryan said. Thats not this kid. This kids anything but that. I think he thinks it sounds good, but hes much more than that. He gives it for himself, his teammates, this is the way he plays.That was evident on the last play of New Yorks 30-24 overtime loss Sunday when Richardson chugged all the way down the field in pursuit of Vikings wide receiver Jarius Wright, whose 87-yard TD catch-and-run won it for Minnesota.Thats just me, Richardson said. It was overtime. I dont see the need to give up on the play. He couldve done anything. He couldve celebrated early, anything like that. You never know.Ryan said he thought Richardson might have had a chance at somehow catching Wright along the sideline. Richardson did, too, saying he had an angle on him at one point, but just couldnt get to him.The big defensive tackle sat in the end zone, catching his breath and shaking his head whilee the Vikings celebrated.dddddddddddd It was a lousy ending to a big game for Richardson, who had a career-best three sacks and a safety.He walks around here and hes not afraid to strut his stuff, quarterback Geno Smith said. We enjoy that about him because he backs it up on the field.Richardson isnt scheduled to become a free agent until possibly after the 2016 season, so a big payday is a few years off. But hes hoping for a shot at his first Pro Bowl, something he thinks he deserves but knows the teams dismal record might work against him.Left guard Oday Aboushi shouted Get that man to the Pro Bowl! as Richardson spoke to reporters.A few more sacks, and a couple more big plays, and I should, said Richardson, who leads the Jets with 6 1/2 sacks.When I came into this league, I said I wanted to be a dominant force and I meant that, he said. That doesnt change for me no matter the outcome of our record is.He also took issue with the opinions of some outside the organization who have been critical of Smith and already given him the boot as he struggles in his second season.Theyre quitters, Richardson said of those who have given up on Smith. Thats how I feel.Smith, making his second straight start after being benched for three games, rebounded Sunday after his first pass Sunday was intercepted and returned 27 yards for a touchdown by the Vikings Gerald Hodges. Smith finished 18 of 29 for 254 yards and a touchdown.When you go all in with a guy, why not give him his chance, you know? Richardson said. Hes been in the league two years and guys want him to play like hes Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or something like that. I just told him to stop turning the ball over, like everybody else probably has mentioned before, but hes done that.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789
Патріот міста Бершадь
Патріот міста Бершадь

Повернутись до БЕРШАДСЬКА ДОШКА ОГОЛОШЕНЬ

Хто зараз онлайн

Користувачі, які зараз переглядають цей форум: Bing [Bot]