Reddick homered for the first time in 8

Обговорення всіх тем пов'язаних з містом Бершадь форум Бершадський район.

Модератори: bershad, Korespondent

Reddick homered for the first time in 8

Повідомлення lw789 » 06 липня 2018 06:24

NASHVILLE -- Titans safety Michael Griffin is appealing his one-game suspension without pay after being labeled by the NFL as a repeat offender of the leagues rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenceless players. The league announced the penalty Monday for Griffins hit on Oakland tight end Mychal Rivera. The punishment came from Merton Hanks, the NFLs vice-president of football operations. Griffin wrote in a text to The Associated Press that he was just trying to do his job but hurt his team. The suspension would cost Griffin $205,882.35 out of his $3.5 million base pay this season and keep him out of Sundays game at Indianapolis. Griffin cannot take part in any football activities until Dec. 2, and the Titans hold the AFCs sixth and final playoff berth at this point. "All I can say is I apologize to the Titans fans, my teammates, and the organization," Griffin wrote. "I also hope Rivera is doing well and I apologize to him and his family." The safety was flagged for unnecessary roughness in the second quarter of Sundays 23-19 win over Oakland for a hit on Rivera. It was Griffins second violation this season and fourth since 2011. Griffin went in low but hit Rivera as the tight end went to the ground after attempting a catch. Griffin said after the game that he apologized and even asked an official what more he could do on the play only to be told to aim low. "Im asking where do you aim low when somebodys going over the middle and hes catching the ball and hes falling at the same time? What do you do? My position and my job as a defensive player is to keep him from catching the ball and I dont know what youre supposed to do," Griffin said after the game. Rivera, a rookie out of the University of Tennessee, had his helmet knocked off in the collision and did not return to the game. "It was pretty brutal," Rivera said. "The really brutal thing about it was my helmet falling off and my head hitting the ground. It wasnt really the hit. The hit was pretty hard to my head, but it was more my helmet falling off and hitting the ground." Rivera said he had no symptoms when he woke up Monday and has been cleared by doctors to play this week. He also said Griffin texted an apology after the game and said the hit was not malicious. "I really respected that from him," Rivera said. "I hit him back and told him I respected he was just doing his job and I said wed see each other again in the future." Oakland coach Dennis Allen said the suspension was the leagues decision. "Thats not for me to say whether its just or not just," Allen said. "Its unfortunate that our guy got hit and was knocked out of the game. Ill say that." Titans coach Mike Munchak said the hit looked a lot worse because Rivera was going low and his helmet came off. Munchak said the intent to harm wasnt there because Griffin went in with his shoulder. "I think the helmet came off from him actually hitting the ground of his own doing," Munchak said. "I think (Griffin) hit him with his shoulder, for sure." Griffin was fined $21,000 for hitting Jets receiver Stephen Hill high while blocking after an interception Sept. 29. The NFL also fined Griffin $21,000 last season for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Minnesota receiver Michael Jenkins last season, and the safety was fined $7,500 for a late hit in the head area with his helmet in a game at Carolina in November 2011. Brett Connolly Jersey . Scolari says that although Brazilians have the right to complain about the government and demand improvements, perhaps the protests wont be coming at the "right time. Lucas Johansen Jersey . "It was awesome," he said. Coming off an ugly three-game sweep at the hands of the Yankees, Toronto found itself in a deep hole early after the Reds put an eight spot up on starter Liam Hendriks (six runs in 1 2/3 innings pitched) and Todd Redmond in the second. http://www.authentichockeyshopcapitals. ... ls-jersey/. Not to be outdone, Atletico Madrid bettered its title rivals by demolishing 10-man Getafe 7-0 with Diego Costa returning from injury to score with a brilliant bicycle kick. "It was an almost perfect night," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said. Dale Hunter Jersey . So what happens? Stevenson lands a huge left to Dawsons temple only 76 seconds into the opening round and walks away with the championship belt. "I said Id knock him out," said Stevenson (21-1). Aaron Ness Jersey . -- LeBron James warned the Orlando Magic to stop double-teaming him and ignoring James Jones.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Jed Lowrie insisted he calmly asked Houston second baseman Jose Altuve why the Astros were trying to hit him with a pitch in the third inning. Lowrie had tried to bunt in the first with his Oakland Athletics already leading by seven runs, yet said it was because the defence had shifted. Oh, the debates of baseballs unwritten rules. Alberto Callaspo hit a three-run homer and the As went deep four times Friday night to back Sonny Gray in an 11-3 rout of the Astros. In an unusual move, Houston manager Bo Porter left the dugout in the third to yell at Lowrie moments after the No. 2 hitter flied out following two inside pitches. "Nothing happened," Porter said. "The game takes care of itself." Lowrie said the situation dictated that he try to put a bunt down, and the first inning is far too early not to look to add on runs. "Ive seen crazier things happen than a team come back from seven runs. I dont know what the big deal is. If they want to hold a grudge, thats their decision," he said. "I just asked Altuve a question in about this tone and Bo came running out of the dugout yelling at me. I just dont understand why he came out in such a rage. ... I just dont get it. I dont know what it shows, but not a lot of confidence in his own team. Point blank." Josh Reddick and Coco Crisp each added a two-run shot for Oakland. Yoenis Cespedes hit a solo homer in the second inning to follow up his two-run single in the first against Jarred Cosart (1-2). Cespedes single came one batter before Callaspo connected for his second home run of the season. John Jaso drew Cosarts fourth walk of the first inning before Reddick hit his first homer with his own towering drive to right field. That chased Cosart, who retired only one batter before being replaced by Paul Clemens. Gray (3-0) gave up more than one earned run for the first time this season. He allowed RBI singles to Dexter Fowler and George Springer in the fifth along with Chris Carters sacrificce fly before Crisp homered in the bottom half.dddddddddddd Oakland won its ninth in 11 games after going 7-2 on the clubs first road trip. The As had their four-game winning streak snapped Wednesday at the Angels, but are the only team in the majors yet to lose back-to-back games. Cosart received a mound visit in the first after consecutive one-out walks to Josh Donaldson and Brandon Moss loaded the bases. After a high pitch near Cespedes head, the Cuban slugger lined a single into centre field. Cosarts quick exit ended a solid stretch in which Astros starters posted a 3.00 ERA over the previous seven games. Grey allowed nine hits, struck out four and walked two in six innings as the As handed Houston its fifth straight loss and sixth in seven games. Springer went 2 for 5 while batting cleanup for the first time, two days after making his major league debut. Porter said he would have preferred to avoid putting the prized prospect in that position in his third game, but the manager wanted to shake up the lineup to get the Astros going. Oaklands eight runs in the first two innings were more than the seven Houston totalled in its previous four. "More than anything for us it was the early runs," As manager Bob Melvin said. "We hadnt been doing that lately." Astros left fielder Alex Presley was a late scratch with flu-like symptoms and was replaced by L.J. Hoes. NOTES: Reddick homered for the first time in 87 at-bats since Sept. 15. It was his fifth hit of the year. "Actually helping the team for once felt really good," he said. ... As LHP Scott Kazmir (2-0) is set to start Saturday after experiencing arm trouble in his last outing. ... Springer got his first stolen base. ... The Astros went 3-7 at the Coliseum last season and 4-15 overall against the As. ... Oakland pitcher A.J. Griffin, sidelined since the start of the season with an elbow injury, is yet to begin a throwing program and Melvin isnt sure when that will happen. ... Gray is 5-1 in nine career games against AL West teams. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '
lw789
Патріот міста Бершадь
Патріот міста Бершадь

Повернутись до ОСНОВНИЙ БЕРШАДСЬКИЙ ФОРУМ БЕРШАДЬ ФОРУМ

Хто зараз онлайн

Користувачі, які зараз переглядають цей форум: Немає зареєстрованих користувачів