the league and players

Обговорюємо релігійні теми діяльність церков, релігійних общин

Модератори: Korespondent, Luka

the league and players

Повідомлення xusuwen96 » 27 квітня 2018 04:37

As a deadlock in CFL labour negotiations stretched through this past week and so much rhetoric and brinkmanship made a work stoppage seem unavoidable, it was surprising when sources confirmed to TSN that progress in talks between the CFL and the Players Associations were moving quickly Friday and into Saturday. Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement. Neither side would confirm specific details of the tentative deal, but sources confirmed constructive movement toward a deal started Friday. After TSN Insider Dave Naylor confirmed earlier in the week that players on seven of the leagues nine teams had voted in favour of strike action, and with strike votes set to take place in Calgary and Edmonton Saturday, sources told TSN “back door” discussions through an appointed mediator began Friday morning. Ideas and proposals were passed back and forth without acrimony and without talks breaking down. By Friday night, during a Players Association conference call, a tentative deal began to take shape. The league would hold firm on a $5 million salary cap (2013s salary cap was set at $4.4 million) increasing $50,000 a season, and would not budge on its threshold to renegotiate the salary cap in the third year of a new CBA, set at an aggregate revenue increase of $27 million from the previous year. But the ratification bonus to players would increase to $7,500 for veterans and $1,500 for rookies. And with the union possibly controlling the disbursement of the bonus, and setting a scale for veterans, a six-year CFL veteran could potentially earn $12,000 if the CBA is ratified. The league minimum salary would also rise to $50,000, from $45,000 in 2013. A significant non-financial element also possibly included was the elimination of the option contract year for non-rookies. Sources said the term of the new CBA could be set at either four years, five years or five years plus an option to extend into a sixth season. The current CBA expired May 29, the same day talks broke down after the union countered a league proposal, which included a $5 million cap and $27 million threshold, with a $5.8 million cap and $12 million threshold to renegotiate the cap. The league also rejected another offer from the players earlier this week, which included $5.2 million cap and $18 million threshold. New, positive labour discussions continued into Saturday afternoon before a scheduled conference call between union executives and team representatives. A source close to the discussions said he felt “confident” a tentative deal would be reached by the end of the day, although conceded the debate amongst the players would be “vigorous.” After a four-hour call, the union agreed to take the deal to its players. A league source confirmed the board of governors ratification vote will take place “as soon as possible.” In a joint statement the league and Players Association emphasized: “Further details [about the agreement] will not be made public until these votes have taken place.” Mark Letestu Jersey . The England international had both goals in TFCs season-opening 2-1 win over the Seattle Sounders on Saturday. Milan Lucic Jersey .Martin Caceres marked his return from injury by scoring in the 3-1 win at Napoli and he believes Juventus sent out a warning to the rest of the league with that result.We go out on the pitch every game looking to give our all, Caceres said. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/matt-benning-jersey/. It was the first game back in Columbus for Rangers star Rick Nash, the Blue Jackets franchise leader in goals, assists and games. He was given a standing ovation during a video tribute in the first period, but was booed loud and long after a second-period, two-handed shove up high on Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky. Wayne Gretzky Jersey . In the opening game of his fourth-round match at the U.S. Open, the owner of 17 major titles got passed at the net twice, sailed a backhand long, then missed two forehands to get broken. Jean-Francois Jacques Jersey . -- New York Yankees centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was sent for an MRI Thursday of his ailing right calf, which was negative.Mike Phelan has confirmed he wants to be Hulls next manager after telling Sky Sports News HQ: Watch this space. Phelan is in temporary charge following Steve Bruces departure and is Sky Bets favourite to succeed his former boss on a permanent basis.The 53-year-old, formerly Sir Alex Fergusons right-hand man at Manchester United, has never had a managerial role, although he was also caretaker boss at Norwich for a short spell in 2015. He told the Hull Daily Mail: I want to be a manager. I dont really see why I shouldnt want to be a manager. Time will tell. That decision doesnt sometimes come down to you.Ive had a small chat and I was asked if I would carry on being in charge for now. We have games, we have preparations, weve still got three weeks to go.Speaking after a 2-0 friendly win at Scunthorpe he told SSNHQ: I dont know whats round the corner.What Ive got to do is make sure the players at my disposal are fit and ready for a Premier League season. The rest, Im afraid, will have to take care of itself.Asked outright if he wants the job, Phelan said: Thats not an answer Im going to give you, simply because my remit right now is to keep these players ticking over, keep them prepared and.dddddddddddd..watch this space.Phelan admitted Bruces exit was no surprise after the clubs for-sale status contributed to a lack of action in the transfer market following Mays play-off win. Bruce took Hull back into the Premier League via the play-offs He said: There have been things going on throughout pre-season, but thats for you to find out and for me not to say anything.Obviously managers get frustrated at the times you want to be bringing in new players. Steves no different to anybody else. Things werent developing possibly the way he wanted.Steve was sad about the whole situation. We were concerned for him, really. Were talking about a guy who has put a lot of service into this football club, probably the most successful guy Hull Citys ever had. Also See: Bruce leaves Hull Hull City contenders Boro bid for Maguire Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '
xusuwen96
Патріот міста Бершадь
Патріот міста Бершадь

Повернутись до Духовне життя району

Хто зараз онлайн

Користувачі, які зараз переглядають цей форум: Немає зареєстрованих користувачів