run of the series to make it 5-4. Flande

Тут можна розповісти про себе, залишити оголошення про пошук знайомих, друзів, однокласників. Поздоровити своїх родичів та близьких.

Модератори: bershad, Korespondent

run of the series to make it 5-4. Flande

Повідомлення xusuwen96 » 27 березня 2018 09:14

BALTIMORE -- As rain washed over Camden Yards, Brandon Workman found his happy place underneath the stadium seating bowl. Workman maintained his pitching rhythm in a batting cage during the second of two rain delays. Upon his return, the right-hander was virtually unhittable. Workman allowed one single over 6 2-3 innings, and the Boston Red Sox beat Chris Tillman and the Baltimore Orioles 1-0 on Tuesday night for their second win in eight games. Mike Napolis third-inning RBI single was all the offence the Red Sox needed to come out on the positive end of a pitchers duel for the first time this season. Boston was 0-18 when scoring fewer than three runs. Workman (1-0) walked one and struck out four in earning his first win as a starter since last July. He held the Orioles hitless until Ryan Flaherty lined a soft single to centre with two outs in the sixth. Workman had to overcome two stoppages, both in the second inning. The first lasted 15 minutes, the second 1:18. "It wasnt that bad," Workman said. "I went down and threw in the batting cage a little bit to stay loose, to stay ready." After retiring Nick Markakis to end the sixth inning, Workman got two straight outs in the seventh before being lifted. It was the longest outing of a 27-game career that includes seven starts. "He was outstanding, especially in light of the two different rain delays," Boston manager John Farrell said. "He was able to stay loose with a couple of almost simulated innings in the batting cage." Workman retired the first 13 batters before Nelson Cruz drew a walk. J.J. Hardy followed with a popup to second base, and Cruz took off for second and was easily doubled up. "Its no excuse," Cruz said. "I should know better. It shouldnt have happened." Earlier, Boston third baseman Xander Bogaerts robbed the Orioles of two potential hits in the third inning. He snagged a bunt by David Lough and threw out the fleet runner, then made a diving stab of a line drive by Flaherty. The no-hit bid gained steam later, but Workman said, "I was not really thinking about it. I was just trying to stay in the moment and keep executing pitches and keep working each batter. Not getting ahead of myself." Workman will have a hearing Friday on his appeal of a six-game suspension. He was suspended after the league determined he was intentionally throwing in the "head area" of Tampa Bays Evan Longoria on May 30. If he is forced to miss time, Workman certainly went out on a high note. "Honestly, when we started back up, I thought if he got through four innings that might be enough for tonight," Farrell said. "But as efficient as he was, as strong as he was, he just kept putting up zeroes and retiring guys consecutively so we continued to stay with him." Baltimores only other hit was a single by Steve Pearce in the ninth off Koji Uehara, who earned his 13th save. Tillman (5-3) gave up one run and seven hits in six innings. It was his first loss in six starts since May 11. "Tough conditions tonight for both teams but you wont hear any excuses from us," the right-hander said Manny Machado started at third base for the Orioles despite receiving a five-game suspension and a fine for intentionally throwing his bat in Sundays game against Oakland. Machado appealed the suspension, batted second and went 0 for 4, making the final out on a strikeout. Tillman got off to a rocky start following the second rain delay. Brock Holt led off the third with a single, David Ortiz walked and Napoli delivered a two-out, opposite-field RBI single to right. Boston used three straight singles to load the bases with no outs in the fourth. Tillman struck out Holt, then got Bogaerts to bounce into a 6-4-3 double play. Over the first four innings, the Red Sox had seven hits and three walks but scored only the one run after stranding seven and hitting into two double plays. NOTES: Red Sox GM Ben Cherington said before the game that an overhaul of the roster is not yet necessary for the struggling team. "Im betting on the players we have in there," he said. ... Holt extended his hitting streak to a career-high 10 games. ... Wei-Yin Chen makes his 10th career start against the Red Sox in the series finale Wednesday night. Hes 3-3 with a 5.26 ERA. Rubby De La Rosa will start for Boston. ... Markakis 14-game hitting streak ended. ... Baltimores Chris Davis went 0 for 3 with three strikeouts. Kyle Quincey Jersey . Numbers Game looks at the As getting Jon Lester from Boston, sending Yoenis Cespedes to the Red Sox along with a deal involving the As and the Minnesota Twins. The Athletics Get: LHP Jon Lester, LF Jonny Gomes, OF Sam Fuld and cash. Marcus Foligno Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. http://www.hockeywildauthority.com/jare ... rsey-c-17/. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Luke Kunin Jersey . And thats about it. After the Salukis 73-65 loss at Murray State on Tuesday night, Hinson called his players "uncoachable," "a bunch of mamas boys" and compared the disciplining of his young team to housebreaking a puppy. Charlie Coyle Jersey . "He started putting me on the ice to strengthen them at the suggestion from a doctor," he said. Weight said it wasnt a pretty sight at the rink in St. Clair Shores, Mich. "I looked like Forrest Gump," he joked. DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies have faced adversity with injuries all season. Wednesday, they dealt with a little bad luck and let a victory slip away. Daniel Descalsos two-out bloop double hit the line in left field and sparked a two-run eighth inning, and the St. Louis Cardinals rallied late to beat Colorado, 9-6. Drew Stubbs homered and Justin Morneau had two hits for the Rockies, who finished their homestand 1-5. The game featured the major league debuts of both starting pitchers. St. Louis Marco Gonzales was sharp early before faltering. Colorados Yohan Flande also started well before getting hit hard in his last inning. The Cardinals scored twice in the eighth off Adam Ottavino (0-3) on RBI doubles by Descalso and Matt Carpenter to take a win away from Flande. Ottavino was surprised when Descalsos double hit the line. "Honestly, I thought it was a foul ball until the moment that it wasnt," he said. "I wasnt even worried when it was in the air. I dont have any answers for today. I feel horrible that I gave it up. I thought I made good pitches and they found holes." St. Louis added two unearned runs off Nick Masset in the ninth on two of the clubs four sacrifice flies. Pat Neshek (2-0) pitched an inning of relief to earn the win. Trevor Rosenthal got four outs for his 23rd save in 26 chances. Rosenthal walked two batters in the ninth to bring the tying run to the plate. He struck out Troy Tulowitzki on a 100 mph fastball, the 11th pitch of the at-bat, and then Morneau flew out to centre to end it. "I was hoping to come through for the team, get on base, get a hit, get him in deeper water than he was already in," Tulowitzki said. "You could tell they were having meeting after meeting. I was calling time. It was a battle. That was an important out for them. I knew it was an important at-bat for our team. It hurts." Gonzales was unhittable the first time through the Rockies order, pitching near where he was an all-state player for Rocky Mountain High School in Fort Collins, Colorado, from 2007-10. At one point he threw 12 straightt strikes, and 30 of his first 37 pitches were strikes.dddddddddddd He had only one blemish, a one-out walk to DJ LeMahieu in the second. Things unraveled for him in the fourth. Stubbs hit the first pitch of the inning into the seats in left to tie it 1-1. After Tulowitzki fouled out, the next five batters reached base. Corey Dickerson had a two-run double and scored on LeMahieus single, and Josh Rutledge came home on Flandes groundout that made it 5-1. Matt Adams homered and drove in two runs and Matt Holliday had three hits for the Cardinals. Flande is the fourth starting pitcher this month to make his major league debut for the Rockies. Injuries to the staff forced the call-ups, but two of those pitchers -- Eddie Butler and Christian Bergman -- are now injured. Flande allowed just one run through the first four innings before the Cardinals rallied for three in the fifth. Mark Ellis scored on a sacrifice fly, and Adams followed Hollidays double with his third home run of the series to make it 5-4. Flande was touched for four runs and six hits, and he struck out four in five innings. "Flande was outstanding," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "I thought he was very good. Gonzales was outstanding the first time through the lineup. We got a few off him, but he hung in, gave his team a chance to win." Gonzales also pitched five innings. He allowed five runs and seven hits, and struck out three. "It was the best day of my life right there," Gonzales said. "It was a blast. A lot of family that I havent seen in a while, a lot of friends flying in from everywhere. Im very grateful for it. "Fortunately I was able to turn a lot of Fort Collins people into Cardinals fans today." NOTES: Dickerson went 13 for 25 during the six-game homestand. ... The Rockies placed Bergman (fractured left wrist) on the 60-day DL. ... Butler (right rotator cuff inflammation) will be shut down for six days before he begins throwing again. ... Colorado LHP Christian Friedrich (0-1, 6.00) will pitch the first of the Rockies four-game set at Milwaukee on Thursday. Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys ' ' '
xusuwen96
Патріот міста Бершадь
Патріот міста Бершадь

Повернутись до КНИГА ВІДВІДУВАЧІВ, ПОШУК ЗНАЙОМИХ, ОДНОКЛАСНИКІВ!!!

Хто зараз онлайн

Користувачі, які зараз переглядають цей форум: Немає зареєстрованих користувачів