be exactly what the New York Y

Тут можна розповісти про себе, залишити оголошення про пошук знайомих, друзів, однокласників. Поздоровити своїх родичів та близьких.

Модератори: bershad, Korespondent

be exactly what the New York Y

Повідомлення lw789 » 11 вересня 2018 05:05

NEW YORK -- Chris Nelson was headed toward the showers when he walked past C.J. Wilsons locker in the Los Angeles Angels clubhouse. "Whats up, hero?" Wilson said with a wry grin. "Me? No," Nelson replied. That must be exactly what the New York Yankees are thinking. Nelson hit his first two home runs of the season, including a grand slam against his former team, to send Wilson and the Angels past New York 8-4 on Thursday. "Its a great day for Chris, both offensively and defensively," Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia said. "Its good to see his bat come alive. Hes got some pop and he hasnt really shown it this year in the 100 or so at-bats hes had, but you saw it today and hopefully its a sign of more to come." Josh Hamilton and rookie J.B. Shuck each had an RBI single to help the struggling Angels prevent a four-game sweep. Wilson (13-6) won his fifth consecutive decision, keeping Alfonso Soriano in the ballpark after the streaking slugger piled up four homers and 13 RBIs the previous two nights. Soriano extended his sensational tear, going 4 for 5 with an RBI single, but the Yankees managed little else until a three-run ninth as their four-game winning streak ended. After finishing a 5-2 homestand, they head to Fenway Park this weekend to face first-place Boston. Nelson spent a couple of weeks with the Yankees in May, one of several replacements they tried at third base while Alex Rodriguez was recovering from hip surgery. A top-10 draft pick by Colorado in 2004, he didnt leave much of an impression -- until returning with Los Angeles. "He hurt us bad today," New York manager Joe Girardi said. Nelson hit a solo homer off Phil Hughes (4-12) to make it 3-1 in the fourth. He added his first career slam off Boone Logan in a five-run eighth for his first multihomer game in the majors. Mike Trout got the inning started by hustling for a pop-fly double that was misjudged by centre fielder Brett Gardner. The only time the Angels retired Soriano, it came on a nice play at third by Nelson, who started a critical double play earlier in the game. Shuck also threw out Soriano trying to stretch a single in the first. "Everything just fell in place for me," Nelson said. Wilson worked around 11 hits and threw a season-high 124 pitches in 6 2-3 innings while matching his win total from last year. The left-hander limited the Yankees to one run after they totalled 25 the previous two nights, improving to 9-1 with a 2.76 ERA in his last 12 starts. The run began with a win over New York at home on June 14. He is 6-0 in his last seven road starts and 3-0 with a 2.08 ERA in five career starts against the Yankees, who outhit Los Angeles 15-11. "It just only matters that I got through it," Wilson said. "Well take any wins we can get right now. I was lucky to give up mostly singles, and that prevented them from having the big innings." Wilson came in leading the majors with an average of 110.4 pitches per start and needed 71 to get through three innings. It could have been more, too, but he got Vernon Wells to ground into an inning-ending double play with the bases loaded after the Angels botched a popup. That was the turning point for Wilson, who held New York in check on 53 pitches over the next 3 2-3 innings. Hughes had his best outing in more than a month, throwing 73 of 104 pitches for strikes over six solid innings. But a brief hiccup put him behind in the fourth, and the Yankees never recovered. The right-hander dropped to 0-5 in his last seven starts. He has lost 10 of his past 12 decisions and is 1-9 this season at home, where hes given up 17 of his 23 homers. "I thought he threw the ball better today. I thought his command was better today, and he needs to keep improving," Girardi said. Erick Aybar hit a leadoff double in the fourth, advanced on a passed ball and scored on Hank Congers sacrifice fly. Nelson then fouled off four straight full-count pitches before sending an opposite-field drive into the right-centre bullpen for his first home run since Sept. 14 with Colorado. Scioscia said Nelson is a candidate for the third base job next year. "I just want to make my mark," Nelson said. He also reflected on his brief stint with the Yankees. "Trust me, I enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed the guys and it was a great experience for me," he said. Hamiltons two-out RBI single put Los Angeles up in the first after Shuck singled and stole second. Moments later, Soriano socked a line drive off the left-field wall. But he jogged out of the box and was thrown out at second on a fine play by Shuck. Gardner tripled in the third and scored when Soriano singled through a drawn-in infield for his 14th RBI in three days. NOTES: Rodriguez went 2 for 5 while starting a day game after a night game for the first time since coming off the disabled list. He was rested last weekend under similar circumstances. ... Aybar was back at SS after sitting out Wednesday. He left Tuesday nights game with cramping in his left calf. Cheap Raptors Jerseys .com) - Damian Lillard poured in 40 points on 11-of-21 shooting to go along with 11 assists, and the Portland Trail Blazers stunned the Oklahoma City Thunder, 115-111, in overtime on Tuesday. Cheap Raptors Store . The Philadelphia Eagles acquired running back Darren Sproles from the New Orleans Saints for a fifth-round draft pick on Tuesday. http://www.cheapraptorsjerseys.net/. Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. Cyber Monday Raptors Jerseys .com) - The Ottawa Senators will try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive when they face the Chicago Blackhawks who are trying to secure their place in the post-season. Authentic Raptors Jerseys . - PGA Tour rookie Tony Finau shot a 9-under 63 at Del Monte and had a two-stroke lead over Billy Andrade and Lee Janzen of the Champions Tour after Thursdays opening round of the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational.VANCOUVER -- Valtteri Filppula scored a goal and added an assist as the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Vancouver Canucks 4-2 in NHL action Wednesday night. The Lightning (24-12-4), whose franchise is 21 years old, posted only its second all-time win in Vancouver. Tampa Bay made history of another sort by posting a fourth straight road win for the first time since Jan. 8 to Feb. 7, 2008. Tyler Johnson, Nikita Kucherov and Alex Killorn also scored for Tampa Bay. Brad Richardson and Zac Dalpe replied for the Canucks (23-12-7), who suffered their second consecutive loss. Bolts goaltender Ben Bishop made 28 saves for his 21st win of the season as the Lightning outshot the hosts 33-30. Vancouvers Eddie Lack recorded 29 saves. Neither team could score in the first period despite some decent chances. Bishop stopped David Booth early on a rush, and Lack made a number of key saves. In one of his best moves, Lack stopped Ondrej Palat on a one-timer from the side of the net with just under 11 minutes gone. Moments later, with Tampa enjoying an 8-4 edge in shots and pressing, Vancouver coach John Tortorella called a timeout. The move gave some new life to the Canucks attack, and they applied some consistent pressure in the final nine minutes, but still could not score. Both teams recorded 11 shots. In the first minute of the second period, Lack denied Filppula on a 3-on-2 rush, stopping his shot from the wing and then smothering the rebound. Richardson opened the scoring at 11:25 as he raced in alone and beat Bishop with a quick shot after Vancouver defenceman Dan Hamhuis forced a turnover in the neutral zone with a hip check on Richard Panik. But the tight game quickly broke open as the clubs produced three goals in only 34 secondss.dddddddddddd Filppula and Johnson scored 20 seconds apart to give Tampa Bay a 2-1 lead. But the Canucks countered only 14 seconds later as Dalpe banged in a goalmouth pass from Dale Weise. A botched Vancouver clearing attempt enabled Kucherov to put the Bolts ahead 3-2 during a power play with only 2.6 seconds left in the second period. Kucherovs riser went in off the skates of Hamhuis as he slid in an attempt to block the shot. Killorn extended Tampa Bays lead to 4-2 as he scored on a deflection with about seven and a half minutes gone in the third period. Notes: Tampa Bay winger Ryan Malone returned after missing 16 games with a fractured ankle. a Vancouver centre Ryan Kesler was named earlier Wednesday to the U.S. Olympic team. He played for the American squad that won a silver medal in 2010. a Lightning centre Steven Stamkos skated Wednesday morning and said he hopes to recover from the broken leg he suffered in November in time to play for Canada at next months Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. a The Lightning played in Vancouver for the first time since Dec. 11, 2010. a Former Canucks defenceman Sami Salo, who sat out his third straight game with an upper-body injury, drew a loud cheer from the crowd when he was shown on the scoreboard screen while sitting in the press box. He made his first visit with the Lightning since signing with Tampa Bay in the summer of 2011. a Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo took part in his first workout with the team, during its morning skate, since he was injured Dec. 22 against Winnipeg. Luongo revealed he suffered a lower-body injury on a shot by Evander Kane and hopes to return to the lineup in the next few days. ... The Canucks have re-assigned centre Jeremy Welsh to Utica of the AHL. Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '
lw789
Патріот міста Бершадь
Патріот міста Бершадь

Повернутись до КНИГА ВІДВІДУВАЧІВ, ПОШУК ЗНАЙОМИХ, ОДНОКЛАСНИКІВ!!!

Хто зараз онлайн

Користувачі, які зараз переглядають цей форум: Немає зареєстрованих користувачів